imagematernal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

22-09-2019 08:52:23
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCUploadsUploading one picture to multiple categories
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Uploading one picture to multiple categories  (Read 4708 times)
webeffects

View Profile
« on: 26-02-2009 04:14:30 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for this awesome component.

I have one question. Is it possible that when I upload a picture from the back-end or front-end, to be able to upload that picture to more than one category? Right now from what I see we have a select option, which sends the picture to a single category, and if I want to upload that picture to another category, then I have to re-upload everything and assign the different category to it and that takes time and server space. But what if I have one picture which should be in 2-3 or more categories?

Thanks,
Nick
Hypnotoad
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 26-02-2009 08:45:29 »

Nope, that's not possible at the moment. Each uploaded picture is assigned to exactly one category.

Sorry, no support via PM (unless I asked you for some details). Just post in the forum, maybe someone else has the same problem or already a solution available.

jAwards - a component for user awards in Joomla
Lady Sharon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-12-2009 19:40:56 »

Is there coming an upgrade where this is possible?? Takes a lot of space when ppl have to upload same picture 2-3 times.
james03

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-03-2012 10:04:35 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for this awesome component.

I have one question. Is it possible that when I upload a picture from the back-end or front-end, to be able to upload that picture to more than one category? Right now from what I see we have a select option, which sends the picture to a single category, and if I want to upload that picture to another category, then I have to re-upload everything and assign the different category to it and that takes time and server space. But what if I have one picture which should be in 2-3 or more categories?

Thanks,
Nick

Like him I want to say thank you for the very useful component and I think it would be great if it was possible to assign a single image to more than one category.
I'm trying the 2.0 stable version on joomla 2.5.3 with Community Builder and Gallery tabs achieving very pleasing results, I found only one little trouble when I tried to assign a Photo to two categories but I hope in an upgrade or plugin that will fix the gap.
« Last Edit: 23-03-2012 10:20:44 by james03 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 11941 access attempts in the last 7 days.